Chocolate souffle- makes 2 servings
2 large eggs, separated
1 tablespoon of butter (*plus a little for lining the ramekins)
4 ounces dark chocolate
2 tablespoons of sugar (*plus a little for lining the ramekins)
Oven to 375 F
- In a double-boiler combine butter and chocolate and melt. Remove from heat, add the egg yolks one at a time and mix. The mixture may be a little lumpy, that’s ok.
- Put the egg whites in a stand mixer with a whip attachment and whip on high. As soon as it becomes frothy, slowly add the sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form, and mixture is glossy.
- While egg whites are whipping, butter and sugar coat the inside of 2 single serving ramekins. (you can do this first if you are using a hand mixer)
- Gently fold the chocolate mix into the egg white mixture. You want to keep it as fluffy as possible, so be gentle. You may have a few streaks of white, or lighter brown, and that’s ok as long as the majority is well combined.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.