365Ai is rolling out across courses in the portfolio at 365.Training. 365Ai allows you to ask questions while in the context of a course and get detailed responses related to that topic.
What is the difference between a model-driven Power App and canvas Power App?
And 365Ai will return the following:
Model-driven Power Apps and Canvas Power Apps are two different types of Power Apps that serve different purposes and cater to different development styles.
Model-driven Power Apps:
- Focus on the data and business logic, automatically generating the user interface based on the underlying data model and relationships.
- Primarily built using Microsoft Dataverse as the data source.
- Provide a responsive design that works well on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Offer a more structured and consistent user experience, suitable for complex business applications.
- Require less design effort, as the app's layout is determined by the data model.
Canvas Power Apps:
- Focus on the user interface and user experience, allowing for pixel-perfect control over the app's design.
- Can connect to various data sources, including Microsoft Dataverse, SharePoint, SQL Server, and more.
- Offer more flexibility in terms of design and layout, suitable for custom and visually appealing applications.
- Require more design effort, as the app's layout is built from scratch using drag-and-drop components.
- May not be as responsive as model-driven apps, requiring additional effort to optimize for different devices.
In summary, model-driven Power Apps are best suited for data-centric applications with complex business logic, while canvas Power Apps are ideal for custom, visually appealing applications with a focus on user experience.
We are rolling this out across several courses, and it is currently available as mentioned in our Zero to model-driven apps course, and also in our Power Fx Basics course.
365Ai knows the topics that are relevant and will respond with answers from those topics only. It uses that latest available technology, but it might still produce occasional inaccurate information.
Our Power Fx Basics course is free. Our Zero to model-driven apps course is available for purchase or included in all of our subscriptions.